Now, more than ever, we are focused on the health & safety of our colleagues and guests. As you consider your upcoming travel plans, we want to make the experience as stress-free as possible. Thus, we encourage you to advise the World Health Organization, your local authorities and our team prior to your journey.
At The Modernist, hygiene and cleanliness are always prioritized. In addition to the high standard cleaning processes we already perform, we have taken additional precautionary measures, following all health and safety guidelines by the WHO and the National Public Health Organization.
Without a doubt, the most important addition to our safety plan is The Modernist’s strategic partnership with our Healthcare Provider.
The Modernist’s extensive strategic partnership with our Healthcare Provider protects both our customers and our team through a number of different COVID-19 prevention and treatment levels.
Among other things, the collaboration includes:
• Possibility of testing for the COVID-19 virus with the use of molecular tests (PCR TEST), in Athens and Thessaloniki, under the guidance of a microbiologist.
• Possibility of testing for the COVID-19 virus with the use of an antibody test (Rapid Test). Rapid Tests detect early and late index IgM / IgG antibodies and they are carried out with just a few drops of blood. Available results within 15 minutes.
• 24/7 doctor on site availability: A doctor can arrive at the hotel within 45’ regarding any staff or guest medical need.
• 24/7 access to our Healthcare Provider Call Center, for any kind of medical support and for the coordination of required actions.
• Hotel staff training regarding the current health measures and contributing to the hotel’s final health protocols.
Some of our additional, on-site safety operations include:
• Increased hand washing and sanitation of our staff members
• Providing individual sanitation products upon check in to our guests
• Frequent sanitation of all common areas
• Special training for COVID-19 health and safety measures to all our staff
• Rooms thoroughly sanitised by our experienced Housekeepers
• Longer period of time between check out and check in
• Extra precautionary procedures for food products and meal preparation
• Offering disinfectant dispensers in public areas
• Advising our guests to keep a distance of two (2) meters from the person next in line while approaching any indoors help-desk
• Providing detailed guidelines regarding COVID-19 to our guests upon check in
• HEALTH FIRST certificate
• Daily monitoring and adhering to the latest information, protocols and tools from the authorities
Moreover, please note that our team members are trained to handle situations that may occur at our hotels and we have confidence in their abilities. Our efforts are focused on providing you a safe and enjoyable stay at The Modernist. We will be operating as normal, and with safety as our main priority and we will be taking every precaution in order for our guests to feel safe while staying with us.
FLEXIBILITY AT ITS BEST
Understanding that uncertainty is central to our lives, we have maximised the flexibility for all future reservations. Thus, we now offer a fully flexible option for all reservations with 24 hours cancellation window. Do you want to visit us, but you’re not sure what will happen in the coming weeks? No worries, we’ve got you!
WEB CHECK IN
In order to minimise the contact between you and our staff during the check-in time, we have created a new process which you can complete prior to your arrival.https://www.themodernisthotels.com/checkin/
We know that our lovely buffet breakfast has always been one of the key ingredients of The Modernist experience. Now, following the increased health and safety standards, we also offer an optional variety of Breakfast Bags which you can enjoy in-room. But rest assured that our breakfast bags are not like anything you’ve tasted before. They are made from the very best local produce, always fresh and tasty. They are exactly what you would expect from The Modernist.
We’re always here for you
Should you have further questions about our safety procedures and making a reservation, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Above all else we would like to reassure you that the safety, health and wellbeing of our guests and staff always has been, and always will be, our number one priority. Looking forward to welcoming you soon. Until then, stay safe 🙂
With warm regards,
The Modernist team
**This information is valid until further notice and may be updated**