Ano Poli (Greek: Άνω Πόλη, Ano Poli) is the old town of Thessaloniki, located around the city’s acropolis north of the city center. As the most traditional part of the city, its narrow cobblestoned streets, old squares and traditional Greek and Ottoman architecture preserve the Ottoman-era city fabric that was otherwise largely destroyed by the great fire of 1917.
Commonly known by its Ottoman Turkish name Yedi Kule, this Byzantine and Ottoman-era fortress is situated on the north-eastern corner of the acropolis of Thessaloniki.
A monastery built in the 14th century during the late Byzantine Empire, today a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Archives are responsible for the management and diffusion of the cartographic heritage of Greece.
One of the few and best preserved baths that have survived from the Byzantine period in Greece.